Lumity, a technology and financial consulting organization, has been awarded a grant to provide Microsoft IT Academy training to non-profits in Illinois.
Microsoft IT Academy
Lumity is an approved MS IT Academy partner. This program provides training and resources to Community Technology Centers, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations operating public computer centers and workforce development training to benefit community residents they serve.
- Access to a wide variety of Microsoft curricula and certifications
- Extensive teaching resources
- Microsoft E-Learning courses for educators and students
- Software licenses for lab and classroom use
- A wide range of instruction, from computer basics to high-level programming and architecture
The program is free to participating organizations.
All courses are web-based and self-paced and include:
- Digital Literacy for beginning computer users looking to increase their knowledge of computer hardware, software, networks, and the Internet.
- Microsoft Office for intermediate and advanced computer users looking to increase their knowledge and skills in Windows XP/Vista/7 and Microsoft Office products. These courses will also prepare users for certification exams for each Office program.
- IT Training for advanced computer users and IT professionals that includes server administration, web and application programming, and other professional technical areas. The courses also prepare IT professionals for Microsoft’s IT certification exams.
For more information contact Kymon Odukoya at 312.237.4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.