Patron Services Manager for Central Circulation - UIUC
Patron Services Manager for Central Circulation
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Position Available: Position is open immediately. This is a 100%-time, twelve-month, Academic Professional appointment.
Duties and Responsibilities: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applications for a Patron Services Manager for Central Circulation. The successful candidate will perform a wide range of communication, coordination, and supervisory duties for circulation services in a large academic library environment. Reporting to the Head of Central Access Services, the successful candidate will play a key role in providing access to the University Library’s collections housed in the Main Stacks.
The Patron Services Manager for Central Circulation will:
- Provide leadership and supervision for the staff at the Main Stacks Circulation Desk
- Develop and maintain best practices and standards relating to circulation functions in a large academic library
- Ensure that staff are well trained and supported to perform their jobs
- Assess ongoing work to improve efficiencies, formulating and recommending changes to workflow
- Perform quality control for consistent patron service
- Track expenditures of funds; keeping statistical records
- Train and support Central Circulation staff to serve as a resource for staff in departmental libraries and other units
- Serve as a liaison between the University Library and the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) for circulation functions
- Configure circulation functions of the integrated library system and other related systems and software
- Be available as needed during evening and weekend shifts to assist in case of emergency or lack of desk coverage
Qualifications: Required: Bachelor’s degree; one year of experience as a supervisor or manager; experience working at a high-volume customer service point; demonstrated ability to prepare reports and generate documents using Microsoft Excel, Word or similar productivity software; strong written and oral communication skills. See https://jobs.illinois.edu for list of preferred qualifications.
To Apply: To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For questions, please call: 217-333-8169
Deadline: In order to ensure full consideration, applications and nominations must be received by May 7, 2012. Interviews may occur before the closing date, but no decision will be made prior to the close of the search.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu