Public Services Librarian - Vincennes University
Vincennes University is seeking an innovative, energetic and service-oriented academic library professional for the position of Public Services Librarian for the Shake Learning Resources Center. This is a twelve month, professional staff position with benefits. The Public Services Librarian is responsible for supervising lending desk activities, scheduling staff during the 99 hours per week the library is open, interlibrary loan, and document delivery services. The Public Services Librarian reports directly to the Dean of Learning Resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the two full-time and six part-time Public Services Assistants.
- Coordinates the hiring of student workers and guides the Public Services Assistants in their training and supervision of these students.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures concerning lending services, reserves, OCLC based interlibrary loan transactions, and document delivery.
- Maintains knowledge of new technologies related to circulation, interlibrary loans, and document delivery and trains appropriate staff in any new applications of these technologies implemented in the library.
- Supervises the processing of overdue notices and billings, and maintenance of photocopiers and petty cash accounts.
- Provides user assistance during scheduled hours at the information desk and shares bibliographic instruction, information literacy and instructional support duties with other librarians.
- Prepares appropriate Public Services reports and budget requests.
- Responsible for collection development in assigned subject areas.
- Supervises the library during assigned evening and weekend hours.
- Any other duties as assigned and/or needed that are not expressly given at this time.
DESIRED ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
- A strong service attitude with excellent supervisory and interpersonal communications skills.
- Can use and manage applicable software including library management systems (such as Voyager), electronic and database resources, OCLC, and emerging information technologies.
- Ability to effectively respond to and resolve library issues, complaints and concerns.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with Shake Learning Resources Center professional, technical and support staff.
- Must be able to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Academic library experience a strong plus. Other library work experience will be considered.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: MLS Degree in Library Science/Information Studies from an American Library Association accredited institution.
VU is committed to diversity in the college community. Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent, a resume addressing how they meet the job requirements, college transcripts and contact information for three references to:
Human Resources Department
1002 N. First Street
Vincennes, IN 47591
Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. AA/EOE