Accountability: Librarian-Director, Assistant Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
The applicant shall be responsible for daily satellite book drop collection, light cleaning, general maintenance, and odd jobs at the library that require basic mechanical skills.
- Collection of 5 local book/media drops (mileage paid)
- Tear down and recycle cardboard boxes
- Move large recycle bins to street every other week on collection day. Bring in empty recycle bins when emptied.
- Re-stock / Refill paper supplies as needed.
- Keep public and staff soda machines stocked
- Replace batteries as needed on regular schedule
- Check all restroom soap dispensers and refill as needed
- Check air freshener dispensers and refill as needed
- Run errands as needed: post office / equipment & ink cartridge recycling
- Salting and shoveling entry sidewalk during inclement weather
- The person filling this position shall perform such other repairs, duties and tasks as assigned.
Skill and Education Requirements:
The Custodian shall have a knowledge of basic building maintenance procedures, and the ability to work efficiently, effectively, and safely with minimum supervision.
The person filling this position must be in good physical condition, be able to work outdoors in all weather, and lift up to 50 pounds.
The person filling this position must have a valid driver’s license and be able to use a personal car to transport books from outlying book drops back to library.
This is an hourly, part-time position of 10-15 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
If interested, send resume and attached application to Susan Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can drop them off at the Edwardsville Public Library front desk.