Attention IHLS libraries:
The Illinois Heartland Library System Board of Directors Nominating Committee is preparing for the 2019 election cycle and has opened the nomination process. The following positions on the board are up for election this year:
- 1 Public Librarian Representative (3-year term)
- 4 Public Library Trustee Representatives (3-year term each)
Elected candidates will begin their 3-year term July 1. The IHLS Board meets the fourth Tuesday of the month (except December) at the IHLS office in Edwardsville at 5:00 pm.
Individuals interested in running for one of the open seats should click this link to complete the nomination survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LJZV96C
Only people interested in appearing on the election ballot should complete the survey by Friday, February 8 at midnight. Please forward the email with the survey link to board members, colleagues and others who may be interested in appearing on the ballot, and to anyone you feel would make a great candidate.
The Nominating Committee will consider all completed survey responses and will select candidates to appear on the ballot in accordance with the IHLS bylaws. Please understand that due to the geographic balance requirement and limit of four candidates per seat, it is possible that not all interested candidates will appear on the ballot.
The official ballot will be available and distributed for voting on Friday, March 15.
If you have questions or comments for the Nominating Committee, please feel free to contact us:
- Rachel Fuller: The Urbana Free Library (email@example.com) (217) 531-7070
- Janet Howard: Carlinville Public Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) (217) 854-3505
- Bobbi Perryman: Vespasian Warner Public Library District (email@example.com) (217) 935-5174
- Jill Pifer: Fairview Heights Public Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) (618) 489-2070
- Theresa Tyner: Danville Public Library (email@example.com) (217) 477-5220
- Merna Youngblood: Frontier Community College (firstname.lastname@example.org) (618) 842-3711
Thank you for your consideration.