Nominate Yourself to Join the IHLS Board of Directors
Are you looking to share your love of libraries and represent the needs of your community? Bring your skills and experience to the Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) Board of Directors and have an impact on the quality of library service in central and southern Illinois.
Why Join the Board
Effective trustees bring to IHLS knowledge of the community and a willingness to continually maintain and strengthen library services in Illinois.
A small investment of time and effort serving as a board member helps to ensure that IHLS and libraries throughout central and southern Illinois are providing the best possible services and resources available to their patrons and their communities.
Let your voice be heard. We welcome new members and new ideas!
Benefits of Joining the Board
Grow in your board knowledge and experience
Strengthen your professional credibility
- Participate in planning for the library system’s future
- Contribute to setting policies
- Advocate for libraries in the community and throughout IHLS
- Exercise fiduciary responsibility for the use of public and private funds
- Help to develop strategic partnerships with community groups and leaders
- Take advantage of educational opportunities
- Network with other libraries and community members
Open Board Seats
The following positions on the board are up for election this year:
1 Academic Library Representative (3-year term)
- 1 School Library Representative (3-year term)
- 1 Special Library Representative (3-year term)
- 2 Public Library Trustees (3-year term each)
Elected candidates will begin their 3-year term July 1. The IHLS Board meets the fourth Tuesday of the month (except December).
The Nominating Committee shall select and confirm candidates for election to the System Board representing all geographic areas. Nominees must be members of a governing board of a member library, professional staff or the administration of the type of library to be represented as set out in these Bylaws.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in running for one of the open seats should complete the nomination form.
Only people interested in appearing on the election ballot should complete the nomination form by 5 p.m., Tuesday, February 11.
The Nominating Committee will consider all completed nomination form responses and will select candidates to appear on the ballot in accordance with the IHLS bylaws. Please understand that due to the geographic balance requirement and limit of four candidates per seat, it is possible that not all interested candidates will appear on the ballot.
The official ballot will be available and distributed for voting on March 13.
If you have questions or comments for the Nominating Committee, please feel free to contact them:
Bobbi Perryman: Vespasian Warner Public Library District (firstname.lastname@example.org) (217) 935-5174
- Jill Pifer: Fairview Heights Public Library (email@example.com) (618) 489-2070
- Jennifer Lara: O'Fallon Township High School District #203 (firstname.lastname@example.org) (618) 632-3507
- Sara Zumwalt: Litchfield Public Library (email@example.com) (217) 324-3866
- Sarah Isaacs: Illinois Early Intervention Clearinghouse (firstname.lastname@example.org) (217) 333-1386
Thank you for your consideration.