The Decatur Delivery service has moved to the Champaign office. In order to speed up sorting, there will be two delivery sections at the Champaign office, both Champaign area service and Decatur area service. The Polaris codes have not changed so IHLS members will continue to use ZCH or ZDE as hub codes in addition to ZCA and ZED. ILDS and RAILS will no longer use ZDE.
New routes have finalized and will be posted on the IHLS website. Telephone numbers for all Operations staff have also been updated.
ATTENTION ALL LIBRARIES!
Please let your Operations Manager know which days you DO NOT want delivery*
(days closed for holidays, conferences etc...)
if they will fall on one of your regularly scheduled delivery days.
For example: If you normally receive delivery on Monday
and there is a holiday on Monday, let us if you do not want us to deliver.
*Please note, if we have access via key or alarm code,
we will deliver as normal unless you specify otherwise.
IHLS provides delivery of library materials to member libraries from four delivery hubs, primarily based upon the existing LLSAP coverage areas. The delivery system and routes are continually evaluated to determine the most efficient methods of delivery to system members.
A presentation on delivery in IHLS was presented to the IHLS board at the August 2011 board meeting. You can view that presentation here.
- IHLS Holiday Schedule
- Delivery Routes Schedule
- ILDS Forms
- List of ILDS Delivery Stops(updated May 1, 2012)
- Delivery Guidelines
- Transit Slip Instructions
- IHLS Delivery Transit Slips
- Du Quoin Hub Delivery/Operations Manager Faith Jones (phone: 618-985-3711 ext.603)
- Champaign Hub Delivery/Operations Manager Bob Towner (phone: 217-352-0047 ext.712)
- Decatur Area Delivery/Operations Manager Chris Janvrin (phone: 217-352-0047 ext.706)
- Edwardsville Hub Delivery/Operations Manager Linda Petty (phone: 618-656-3216 ext.412)