From OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, you have one-click access to the OCLC Policies Directory, where you can review the lending and copying policies of other libraries participating in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, plus their billing, system and contact information. You can use this information to choose your potential lenders based on policies that meet your needs, and publish your own policies in the Directory to reduce the number of unfilled requests you receive.
As you create requests in WorldShare ILL, a simple click will connect you to the Policies Directory to confirm a potential lender’s policies before you place the request. This confirmation can speed processing of your request at a borrowing library, and put needed items into the hands of your users quickly.
Types of information recorded in the Policies Directory include:
· Lending, copying and deflection policies
· Setting for resource sharing supplier status
· Information about a library’s collections
· Library schedules
· Library contacts (Hint: Use this to identify the person to contact about updating constant data settings.)
In an upcoming release, the integration of information in the OCLC Policies Directory with WorldShare Interlibrary Loan will enable the display of lender costs from the Policies Directory within the WorldShare ILL interface, to help borrowers quickly select lenders that meet their budgets. For updates on planned enhancements to WorldShare ILL, visit the Future Functionality Roadmap.
For more information about using the OCLC Policies Directory, consult the OCLC Policies Directory Quick Reference.
IMPORTANT WORLDSHARE INTERLIBRARY LOAN DATES:
· November 25, 2013: New requests can no longer be placed in WorldCat Resource Sharing
· January, 2014: End of access to WorldCat Resource Sharing