Step 1: All libraries must complete the Interlibrary Loan Statistical Survey.
You can access the survey at Illinois State Library LibPAS Portal. Even if your library or school district does no interlibrary loan, completion of this survey is still required.
- If your library is a SHARE member, your interlibrary loan statistics are available in system reports; there are tutorials available at ILLINET Interlibrary Loan Traffic Survey Instructions & Demo.
- SHARE members can also contact Dena Porter for help with the Survey. Dena can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618.619.2090
- If your library is not a SHARE member, you must use your automation software to compile your interlibrary loan statistics.
- If your library does not do any interlibrary loan, most of the questions will not apply to you, but you must answer them by saying no or not applicable.
If you need assistance with login or password for the interlibrary loan survey, please get in touch with Gwen Harrison at the Illinois State Library. Ms. Harrison can be reached at 217.785.7334 or email@example.com.
For help with this survey if you are not a SHARE member, please reach out to your system membership contact—Leah Gregory (schools), Anna Yackle (publics), or Ellen Popit (general)—at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618.656.3216.
Step 2: All libraries must complete annual certification.
This is done through the Library Directory & Learning Calendar (L2). Your organization’s certification personnel, as identified in L2, will be contacted to complete certification. Once your certification contact is logged in, that account will have the link that will enable you to complete the certification process. If you need a password, please follow the password reset instructions at Library Learning. If the certification contact needs to be changed, either to another person, another email address, or any other change, please reach out to your membership contact at the system.
Designated Certification Contacts
Designated certification contacts should see a link to the certification form on the L2 homepage and the Account >> My Dashboard page when logged in. If you are a library director or are the person who typically completes certification for your library, but you do not see the certification link:
- Go to My Dashboard.
- Click Edit in your location affiliation.
- Scroll down to the Key Contact - Regional System section and check Certification Contact.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Public, academic, and special libraries are finished with annual certification once this step is completed. School libraries have a third step to complete.
Step 3: School libraries must answer the certification questions for their entire district for the School Library Data Project.
The certification process asks some additional questions of school libraries to collect information for the School Library Data Project. Please answer these questions about your entire district, not a singular building. If you have difficulty answering these questions about your school library, please contact your system membership contact for assistance.