This section is under development.
What are the benefits of cooperative resource-sharing? For library patrons, resource sharing...
- opens up the world of library collections to library patrons who can then request whatever they want or need.
- saves libraries money by reducing the need to purchase materials – libraries share them with each other instead.
- saves libraries technical staff time because the work is done centrally – freeing library staff to do the important work of direct service to patrons – and saves on costs because the products are purchased for a large group.
- saves libraries’ cataloging and processing time by eliminating the need for duplicate records for each library location.
- relies on delivery of materials between libraries – a service that is provided by library systems.
- creates connections between libraries that can lead to innovative services and new features
There are a number of ways patrons from IHLS libraries can take advantage of resource sharing.
Choose a topic to learn more.