Delivery & Facilities Director
Illinois Heartland Library System
Library/Organization Address6725 Goshen Road
Edwardsville, Illinois 62025
Hourly Wage/Salary Range
About the OrganizationIllinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) is a non-profit quasi-governmental agency dedicated to empowering libraries. The mission of IHLS is to support our multitype members in providing quality library services to their patrons. IHLS facilitates access to shared resources, advocates for libraries, promotes innovation, and develops community partnerships.
IHLS is committed to workplace diversity, building a diverse workforce, and providing equal opportunities to all regardless of age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, national origin, religion, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job Description and ResponsibilitiesThe Delivery & Facilities Director is responsible for managing staff and responsible for activities associated with all aspects of the delivery operations and directs the design, planning, construction, and maintenance of IHLS facilities and leased properties. The Delivery & Facilities Director oversees the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and waste management. Oversees the maintenance of delivery and company vehicles negotiates vehicle contracts and repairs.
As part of the Operations Team, you will:
• Oversee the general delivery operations to include staff, the development of routes, and delivery schedules.
• Oversee the maintenance and repairs of facilities, mechanical equipment, and vehicles.
• Recommend policies for the delivery operation and facilities maintenance and repair.
• Oversee construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations.
• Establish and implement departmental goals, objectives, and procedures.
• Develop and monitor processes to ensure accurate statistical and empirical delivery data.
• Support the Executive Director in the sale and lease of the properties.
• Actively participate in the IHLS Leadership Team to assist in planning the goals and direction of the Illinois Heartland Library System.
• Develop and monitor the budget for delivery and facilities to include capital needs.
• Review financial information, activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and/or program improvement.
• Negotiate and recommend contracts with equipment and service suppliers and monitor contract fulfillment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources concepts, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services in a library environment. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Ability to understand manual and the electronic development of transportation routes.
• Ability to plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
• Ability to analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural changes to improve operations.
• Ability to develop, monitor, and interpret statistical information.
Minimum Requirements to ApplyMinimum Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or 2:1 or four years’ experience in a related field.
• Relevant experience at a management level may be substituted for education or equivalent experience.
• Five years experience in transportation logistics and/or facilities management.
• A minimum of five years in a leadership role and excellent customer service experience required working with all levels of an organization.
• Five years' experience working in a library system is preferred.
IHLS offers one of the best benefits packages in the area. As an IHLS employee, you be able to contribute to the Illinois Municipal Retirement Plan (IMRF), select from four health insurance plans options so that you can choose the one that meets your family’s needs, receive employer-paid life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a Mental Health Wellness benefit, low-cost voluntary life Insurance for yourself, spouse and dependents, and other low-cost benefits including dental, and vision.
Position Start Date
How to ApplyInterested applicants send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.