Library/Organization Address4000 Green Apple Ln
Monticello, Illinois 61856
Hourly Wage/Salary Range
About the OrganizationAllerton Public Library District, a small library serving the Monticello, Illinois area seeks an energetic and creative team player to join a team of 7 staff.
Job Description and ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities:
• Develop, publicize, and present consistent programs for children and families in a variety of formats including story times, the Summer and Winter Reading Programs, and varied programs throughout the year. Collaborate with the Director on the scheduling of these programs.
• Promote library programs through the use of in-house and outside publicity, including but not limited to writing content for the newsletter, creating and utilizing social media.
• Manage and update content on the library website.
• Manage the children’s and young adult collections and participate in collection
• Initiate and participate in outreach activities with community organizations and local businesses.
• Perform a variety of support tasks related to working the circulation desk.
• Actively contribute to the library and embrace a desire to learn and grow by seeking out continuing education opportunities in order to maintain and enhance skills and competencies.
• Perform other work duties as assigned by the Director.
Minimum Requirements to Apply• BA/BS degree. Library experience a plus.
• Experience and enthusiasm for working with children, parents, and caregivers.
• Comfortable speaking to groups. Strong commitment to and experience in public service with a desire to help people connect to resources.
• Ability to work easily and naturally as a member of a team.
• Reliable, organized, excellent time management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use other software, computer applications, and digital media.
Health insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off
Position Start DateApplications reviewed until position is filled.
How to ApplyTo apply, send a cover letter and resume with a list of three professional references to Sherry Waldrep, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org