SHARE Polaris Downtime Scheduled for Oct. 9, 2023
Maintenance Date and Time:
Date: Monday, Oct. 9, 2023
Time: Starting at 6:00 p.m.
The maintenance window is anticipated to last the remainder of the day.
Scope of Maintenance:
During this maintenance period, the SHARE Polaris system will be temporarily unavailable. All services associated with Polaris will also be affected. This includes:
- Polaris Staff Client and LEAP
- The Public Access Catalog (PAC)
- SHARE Mobile App (Solus)
- SIP2 services
- Telephony services
- cloudLibrary (for new holds and checkouts)
- Any third-party services using authentication for patrons, such as Hoopla, EBSCOhost, and others.
As part of this maintenance, we will be installing new servers. The current servers will be relocated to a new rack; however, no services will be transferred to the new servers during this maintenance. This step is part of our ongoing infrastructure improvement efforts and will be the first step in the upgrade process.
- To minimize disruption, we kindly ask that you inform your library staff and patrons about this scheduled maintenance.
- Please plan your library operations accordingly, keeping in mind that the system will not be accessible during this period.
- We will plan to post a message at the top of the PAC page before the maintenance to inform the public using the system of the maintenance window.
We understand that this maintenance may cause temporary inconveniences, and we apologize for any disruptions it may cause. However, these upgrades are crucial to ensuring the continued stability and efficiency of the SHARE Polaris system.